Part I: BRUNCH
Vegetarian - (Serves 4)
A favourite at our Harbourside Restaurant, this Middle - Eastern is an ideal dish for impressing with minimal effort! Vegetarian, healthy & full of warming flavours it's just the perfect flavours that everyone will love. You can also make a large batch of the tomato sauce and either freeze for a later date, or use it for pastas, chillis & homemade pizza sauce!
- Dash of rapeseed oil
- 2.5kg x tinned peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1 x onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 x wild garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp x hot chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp x sweet paprika
- 1/2 tbsp x ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp x ground coriander
- 1 tbsp x sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp x honey
- 1 x red pepper, sliced & roasted for 20 mins
- 100g x baby spinach (or frozen spinach for a cheaper option!)
- 2 x free range eggs
- 3 tbsp x feta
1. Slice and roast the red pepper in the oven for 20 minutes on 150°C.
2. In the meantime, chop the onions & garlic and set aside.
In the saucepan...
3. Fry the the onions in rapeseed oil for 5 mins, until soft.
4. Add the garlic and bay leaves and cook for a further 2 mins, stirring continuously.
5. Add all the spices, tinned tomatoes and mix well.
6. Bring the sauce to a boil, then turn down to a medium heat & simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Take the sauce off the heat and blend.
8. Add a large ladle of sauce onto a skillet (or frying pan) on medium heat.
9. Crack 2 eggs carefully into the centre, then add the roasted red pepper and spinach.
10. Add feta if desired.
11. Cook covered for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
12. Serve with some warm sourdough or focaccia!