Spoke & Stringer is an independent Bristol-based lifestyle brand, with a passion for curating menus & product collections to help you fuel your lifestyle & escape the daily grind. We are passionate about the health of not just the people we serve, but that of the planet too. Thus we take a fresh approach with locally sourced & nutritionally rich ingredients and tick as many boxes as we can when it comes to operating our businesses in an eco-friendly manner.
Spoke & Stringer was founded in 2014 by Kristian Crews, who dreamt up the business plan of combining his love of food with his passions for surfing, motorcycles, and cycling whilst working offshore in Australia as an engineer. Spoke & Stringer is built on a firm belief that a healthy body and mind play in your ability to maximise your freedom. Hours of riding a motorcycle, surfboard, or whatever it may be, takes its toll on the body - therefore you need to fuel up on foods with the highest nutritional value.
Visit usSpoke & Stringer, The Boathouse Unit 1, Gasworks Lane, BS1 5AT
Ethical & Environmental Policy
If you are happy then so are we! A simple approach we have at Spoke & Stringer, for both people and the environment.
We care about the world being a better place and we recognise our responsibility, even as a start-up independent business to have a positive impact. We are committed to reduce waste, increase recycling & composting, reduce pollution and our carbon footprint, and increase the use of eco-friendly, sustainable products. We use eco-friendly, compostable parcel bags to ship our clothing and we deliver on foot wherever possible.
More fun facts...
- Our Cafe on Whiteladies Road has been recognised as being powered by 100% Green Energy.
- Our delivery van is a low emissions vehicle.
- We buy locally grown & seasonal ingredients wherever possible.
- Our take-away coffee cups are home compostable & recyclable.
- All our catering packaging is compostable.
- We promote the use of producing compostable, recyclable, and reusable products made with renewable materials.